Bleeding gums is one of the oral problems that most people experience. But, this situation may occur due to various health problems.
Bleeding in the gums may occur due to brushing the teeth too hard. Also, too hard use of dental floss or improper use of prostheses can also cause this situation. Besides to these and similar daily problems, bleeding gums can also. Or show diseases such as periodontitis, leukemia, and vitamin deficiency. Because such diseases cause the gums to bleed and become more easy inflamed. For this reason, people who experience this problem should consult a specialist physician.
What vitamin deficiency is caused by bleeding gums?
The mouth, teeth and gums are the first points where the nutrients consumed come into contact. Lack of certain nutrients leads to certain health problems. Like inflammation in the mouth or loss of teeth. You can have healthy teeth and gums through food and vitamins. There are some important vitamins you should take to problems like bleeding gums. These vitamins are as follows:
Vitamin D, known for its immune system-strengthening effect, is beneficial for oral health. This vitamin keeps blood pressure low. It helps the pancreas produce insulin. So, it reduces the risk of many infections, including gum disease. Research has shown that problems such as tooth decay occur in vitamin D deficiency. Because it helps the body to use calcium and phosphate easy. It is one of the necessary vitamins in eliminating the problem of bleeding gums.
When you combine foods that are rich in vitamin D with foods. That contain calcium, you can benefit much more from calcium. Calcium is also important in the protection of teeth, especially in bleeding gums. This is in vitamin store foods such as dairy products, leafy vegetables, and nuts. In short, calcium is one of the most important minerals in the human body.
The other vitamin that is useful as like vitamin C for gums. Thanks to this vitamin, the connective tissue in the gums is healthier. It also reduces d-workgroup bleeding and gum disease. Citrus fruits, sweet potatoes, cabbage and strawberries have plenty of vitamin C.
What are the Causes of Bleeding Gums?
Various factors that can lead to the broke of dental health are manifesting by bleeding gums. The main causes of bleeding in the gums are as follows:
Poor Oral Hygiene
As a result of not regular oral and dental care. Even incorrect applications, the structure of the gums deforms. This makes the gums easy damaged. As a result, frequent bleeding occurs in the gums in daily life. Also to brushing the teeth with the right technique and equipment. Gingival bleeding is also seen in cases such as food residues not cleans well.
With the consumption of shelled and hard foods, the tissues in the mouth are damages. Besides, if the gums are exposes to physical trauma, gingival bleeding may occur as a result. Gingival Inflammation
Inflammation may occur in the gum tissue or in the bonds located at the junction of the gum and tooth tissues. This situation will damage the tissue integrity of the gums. It ıs may also lead to gingival bleeding.
Gum bleeding saw due to diseases that predispose to bleeding during the body. In cases such as the use of blood thinners.
Pregnancy is one of the periods when hormonal changes are the most. Teeth are one of the most affected areas in this period. , the gums may become prone to bleeding and edematous.
Gum bleeding see in chronic diseases where tissues such as the liver, diabetes. And kidney diseases become susceptible to damage. Smoking disrupts the gum structure because of chemials inside in it. And it makes to prone to bleeding.
How Does Bleeding Gums Pass?
With the advice we give below, the problem of bleeding gums eliminating. Yet, it is recommending going to specialist doctors for the best result.
- To cut gingival bleeding, oral and dental care should done correct and regular way. At least twice a day, it is necessary to brush the teeth with the right technique – equipment. It is also important to use dental floss and mouthwash solutions.
- Balanced and adequate nutrition is an important issue in gingival bleeding problems. Hard, crusty, or hot foods that can damage teeth and gums should not consume. Foods have such as calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D – C required for dental health should consume. A dry mouth should prevented by taking plenty of fluids during the day.
- Habits that are harmful to health, such as smoking and alcohol consumption, should be stop.
- It is necessary to go to the dentist regular every year. It is important that the due treatments for dental and intraoral tissues carry out on time. In case of incompatibility of dentures or prostheses, a dentist should be consult.
- In gingival bleeding problems due to chronic diseases. It is necessary to consult a health institution. Because for evaluation by a specialist physician.
With various precautions and applications, the progression of gingival bleeding can prevented. Thanks to these measures, existing bleeding is eliminat in a short time.